Sunday, February 14, 2010

working on The 79th Farwell to Gibraltar

I started working on this tune the other day. I have all the notes down, and now it's just a matter of putting in the grace notes. I found it easier to learn the regular notes first then add the grace notes. Just like when I use to play the piano. I would learn the left hand then move on to the right hand notes, then put them together. Doing this not only helps me memorize the tune, but it makes it so much easier for me to learn.

I use to play the piano through High School and College. I played the Trombone for about five years too. I loved being in the band and marching. That's what I hope to accomplish this year is to at least practice with the MRPF and march. Maybe next year I'll go to the Highland Games and play in the competitions. We will see where the wind will take me.

On another note, i'm getting a kilt soon. I'm going to post a pick up once I get the uniform for the band. I'm learning all the different pieces of the kilt as well. It's going to be interesting. I don't really want to play the base, but they need they need a base player right now, and I get to get to know everyone in the mean time. We will see what happens in the near future. Until tomorrow...