Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oy,,, Kilt time baby!

Hi I'm back, sorry for the few days I didn't post. I've been busy with getting kilt sizes, school, and all the life crap. And I got fitted for my kilt and sent the info on to my instructor to get my kilt started tomorrow. I'm going to definitely be marching in one of the parades come St. Patties Day. I'm REALLY excited about that. I hope to have the full uniform in hand and ready to go by then.

I did do some practicing today for about an hour and a half, going over grace notes like I always do first, then going over the tunes. I went over Amazing Grace a few times a long with Going Home. One of these days I might get ambitious and post it on my bog, so you can see me in action with the electric chanter. I might even do my regular chanter, we will see. I'm going to start working on the band tunes more seriously after my lesson with Mark on Wednesday. I just want to make sure I'm playing everything right.

I'm getting excited that the highland games are approaching. Maybe I can talk Mark into taking me to a few and help him out with his shop in return. Hmmmm,,, maybe :). I hope to be able to play at least in one of the parades too, we will see if I can get some band tunes down. More then likely next year for that, or by the end of the year. I can't tell you how excited I am to get my kilt on and start marching. I thought spring would never be here! Stay tuned for uniform pics coming up soon. I'll post me in my kilt :)

I'll post some more later in the week. Until then take care!